Sun, Jan 03|
Online via zoom
January Little Fires Everywhere Part 2: A series on relationships between Black and white women
For those who attended the first Little Fires Everywhere discussion series with The Wells Collective, we welcome you back for part two!
Time & Location
Jan 03, 2021, 3:00 PM – 6:00 PM EST
Online via zoom
About the Event
Who is this session for?
- ANY Black or white people who identify as women and have attended Part One of the Little Fires Everywhere discussion series with The Wells Collective.
- Note: For non-Black Women of Color: Indigenous Women, Asian Women, Latinx Women- we see you and we stand with you. We ask that you not attend this event, as it will speak specifically to dynamics that are present in historic and modern relationships between Black and white women. Though many of those dynamics are also present in relationships between white women and non-Black Women of Color, we need to be able to explicity name and confront anti-Blackness. We will hold space for you in the future, and when the time comes, we will ensure that the facilitators present for that dialogue are representative of your backgrounds. Love and solidarity to you.
What is this session about?
- As the 'Little Fires Everywhere' book and series on Hulu make clear, relationships between Black and white women have been complicated and rooted in trauma since the first slave ships came to America. In part two of this series, we plan to host space for those who have already participated in the three-part Little Fires Everywhere discussion series with The Wells Collective and are ready to dive in deeper to have cross-racial dialogue about being in better relationship with one another.
What can I expect to take away from the session?
- Cross-racial dialogue between Black and white woman
- White women holding themselves and other white women accountable
- The creation of a space for Black women to engage with their authentic feelings
- Strategies for charting a path forward that decenters white supremacy and toxic masculinity and centers anti-racism and healing
- Resources for continued learning and activism
What will be the format of the session?
- The Wells Collective (TWC) offers Discussion Sessions, which offer open space for dialogue and healing, and Workshop Sessions, which feature direct content presented by TWC members. This session is a combination of both, in which participants will learn and answer key questions in mixed-race and affinity groups.
Ticket purchase information
- Please note that this is one session (unlike the original program, which was three).
- All participants should purchase tickets for themselves under the 'Little Fires Everywhere' ticket option. If you wish to anonymously gift a ticket to a Black woman for this event, please select additional tickets labeled 'Gift a ticket to a Black Woman.' You may insert your name and email for said tickets, and we will know to gift that ticket to a Black Woman who wishes to attend. Black women, please select the 'Tickets for Black Women' option to attend this event free of cost. Note: Any excess donation tickets will be considered donations to The Wells Collective, LLC.
Little Fires Everywhere Part 2$40.00+$1.00 service fee
Gift a ticket to a Black Woman
If you are someone who wishes to gift a ticket to a Black woman for attendance at this event, please purchase one of these tickets in addition to your own. Write your own name and email in the ticket details and we will know to donate it to a Black woman who would like to attend. Or, if you personally know the Black woman to whom you'd like to gift the ticket, include her name and email address.$20.00+$0.50 service fee
Tickets for Black Women
Please select this ticket option if you are a Black woman who would like to receive a free ticket.$0.00