*Little Fires Everywhere: A series on relationships between Black and white women (CAPACITY REACHED)
Time & Location
About the Event
Please note: Registration for this event has reached capacity. We will offer a repeat of this session in the late summer or fall. We love you all! Thank you for your support ❤️
If you are a Black woman looking to attend, we have free tickets, purchased by others already, that are still available. Please email us at TheWellsCollectiveLLC@gmail.com.
Who is this session for?
- ANY Black or white people who identify as women and are interested in working toward a more just and equitable society by being actively anti-racist, acknowledging their own position, and centering healing.
- Note: For non-Black Women of Color: Indigenous Women, Asian Women, Latinx Women- we see you and we stand with you. We ask that you not attend this event, as it will speak specifically to dynamics that are present in historic and modern relationships between Black and white women. Though many of those dynamics are also present in relationships between white women and non-Black Women of Color, we need to be able to explicity name and confront anti-Blackness. We will hold space for you in the future, and when the time comes, we will ensure that the facilitators present for that dialogue are representative of your backgrounds. Love and solidarity to you.
What is this session about?
- As the 'Little Fires Everywhere' book and series on Hulu make clear, relationships between Black and white woman have been complicated and rooted in trauma since the first slave ships came to America. In this series, we plan to unpack the history of these relationships, build community through authentic discussions, and learn and practice strategies for allyship. You do not need to have read the book or watched the series in order to participate, as our conversations are about the essence of relationships between Black and white women, not the series itself.
What can I expect to take away from the session?
- A historical and modern overview of relationships between Black and white women
- White women holding themselves and other white women accountable
- The creation of a space for Black women to engange with their authentic feelings
- Strategies for charting a path forward that decenters white supremacy and toxic masculinity and centers anti-racism and healing
- Resources for continued learning and activism
What will be the format of the session?
- The Wells Collective (TWC) offers Discussion Sessions, which offer open space for dialogue and healing, and Workshop Sessions, which feature direct content presentation by TWC members. This session is a combination of both, in which parts of the discussion will be co-led by Black and white women, and other parts of the sessions will be offered in affinity groups.
Ticket purchase information
- Please note that registering for this event is registering for sessions being presented on all three dates.
- All participants should purchase tickets for themselves under the 'Little Fires Everywhere' ticket option. If you wish to anonymously sponsor the ticket of a Black woman for this event, please select additional tickets labeled 'Sponsor a Black Woman'. You may insert your name and email for said tickets, and we will know to donate that ticket to a Black Woman who wishes to attend. If you personally know a Black Woman that you'd like to sponsor, please feel free to put her name and email address into the ticket information.
- Little Fires Everywhere$30$300$0
- Sponsor a Black Woman$30$300$0