Tomorrow, Teach the Truth: Having Honest Conversations about Race with Students
Time & Location
About the Event
Who is this session for?
- ANY educators, Pre-K through 12, in public schools, private schools, or educational organizations or universities who value the humanity and dignity of Black life.
- If you joined us for 'The Equity Playbook' this summer via AIMS, this session is meant for you to recall what you learned and think critically about how that information applies to the current moment.
- If this is your first time joining a session with TWC, welcome! We've got you covered.
What is this session about?
- This country, and the world at large, is reckoning with hundreds of years of brutality, injustice, and disenfranchisement against Black bodies. As educators, it is our job to teach in the direction of justice so that our society might see better outcomes in the future. This session will help you to think critically about how to tell the truth about anti-Blackness and white supremacy from where you stand. We will explore tools, tips and tricks for affirming the dignity and beauty of Blackness.
What can I expect to take away from the session?
- Tell the truth about anti-Blackness and white supremacy
- Engage in dialogue with students about what's unfolding in our nation
What will be the format of the session?
- The Wells Collective (TWC) offers Discussion Sessions, which offer open space for dialogue and healing, and Workshop Sessions, which feature direct content presentation by TWC members. This session is a TWC Workshop, with content being delivered by members Dr. Shari Berga, Akailah Jenkins McIntyre and Jenifer Moore.
Centering the needs of Black students means centering the needs of ALL students. We can't wait to see you there!
- Teach the Truth$30$300$0