Wed, May 20 | Online via zoom
TWC Book Discussion: Part 1 (Ch 1-6)
Join The Wells Collective for a discussion about maintaining inner peace, self worth, and dignity in a world that seems hell-bent on having us do otherwise. Come be in community with- we can't wait to talk all about the healing nature of resilience. ❤️ This discussion is for the 1st 1/2 of the book.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
May 20, 2020, 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Online via zoom
About the Event
Who is this session for?
- This session is for Black women in educational spaces. We welcome Black women from all over the diaspora, as well as those who are multiracial. Black women from public schools, private schools, and education companies are all welcome. Have a friend who's not in education but works in predominately white spaces? We want to see her, too!
What is this session about?
- Join The Wells Collective for a discussion about maintaining inner peace, self worth, and dignity in a world that seems hell-bent on having us do otherwise. This discussion is for the 1st 1/2 of the book (Chapters 1-6)). Haven't read it? We got you! We'll have some quotes already selected for discussion, so that you can still be fully present with us. Come be in community with us- we can't wait to talk all about the healing nature of resilience and vulnerability. ❤️
What can I expect to take away from the session?
- Building community with other Black women
- Honoring the experiences of Black women in a world that was not set up for our success
- Considering what it means for Black girls to operate in these spaces
- Considering how we take care of ourselves in these spaces
What will be the format of the session?
- The Wells Collective (TWC) offers Discussion Sessions, which offer open space for dialogue and healing, and Workshop Sessions, which feature direct content presentation by TWC members. This session is a TWC Discussion, which will be facilitated by Talia Busby Titus and Jenifer Moore.
- TWC Book Discussion Part 1$0$00$0