Sun, Nov 15 | Online via zoom
White Women & The 2020 Election: Dismantling White Supremacy by Becoming an Accomplice
White women, join friends of The Wells Collective, Suzanne Fox & Kristen Tubman, for a discussion about what this election season has taught us about white women's commitment to white supremacy & how you can become an anti-racist accomplice by holding yourself and others accountable moving forward.
Registration is Closed
Time & Location
Nov 15, 2020, 4:00 PM – 5:30 PM EST
Online via zoom
About the Event
Who is this session for?
- This is an affinity space for only white women to attend. Affinity spaces provide opportunities for you to explore your thoughts and feelings with others of the same race and gender who may be able to relate to some of your experiences. Affinity spaces provide the opportunity to take risks, thus creating space for deeper learning.
What is this session about?
- The results of the 2020 election have a lot to teach us about white women's deep committment to white supremacy. In this session, we'll discuss election results, consider personal implications of those results, and process strategies for disrupting white supremacy in yourself and others moving forward.
What can I expect to take away from the session?
- Personal reflection about white women's voting patterns
- Grappling with white women's committment to white supremacy
- Tangible tools for holding yourself and those you know accountable to dismantling white supremacy (i.e. going beyond being an 'ally' to instead become an 'accomplice')
What will be the format of the session?
- The Wells Collective (TWC) offers Discussion Sessions, which offer open space for dialogue and healing, and Workshop Sessions, which feature direct content presentation by TWC members. This is a workshop session and will be led by friends of The Wells Collective, Suzanne Fox and Kristen Tubman (who both identify as white women).
- Suzanne Fox and Kristen Tubman are both anti-racist educators in Baltimore, MD. They have extensive experience hosting affinity spaces for white folks to grapple with their identities and privilege, and have been chosen by The Wells Collective to host this workshop as a result of their demonstrated ability to publicly hold other white folks accountable and to advovate with and on behalf of Black and Brown people.
- White Women 2020 Election$40$400$0